Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recap

My sister kindly reminded me yesterday that I have not blogged in quite a while. Apologies. Although I am nearly 18 weeks along, well into my 2nd trimester, I am still completely exhausted most of the time. Combine this with working full time in a semi-physical job and trying to be somewhat of a wife, there hasn't been a lot of spare time when my eyes are open. I'll try to do better.

I am still getting queasy at least once a day, although I'm getting better willpower or less severe nausea or both, because I haven't thrown up quite as often the past few weeks. My belly is getting bigger, and more bump-like! (Yay for finally moving out of the "too many doughnuts" phase!) I can still wear a few of my pre-pregnant tops, depending on how they're made. My pants haven't had a prayer in a few months though. I find I look more pregnant and less tubby if I wear fitted tops, and I especially like the maternity tops with the rouching on the sides. Here's a recent photo, taken last Sunday before church:




The biggest problem I'm dealing with at this point is sleeping. I pretty much haven't slept well since the beginning, waking up a few times an hour for no good reason. Now add to that the fact that I have to pee at least once a night, and I'm trying to train myself to sleep in a different position, tired is just part of life. My mom says that will get better in about twenty years.

Speaking of sleep positions, this caused a slightly more alarming problem recently. I woke up one day last week with a tightness/slight pain in the right side of my chest that I brushed off to sleeping funny. As the day went on, the pain got sharper and it became difficult for me to breathe. My shoulder started to feel stiff and heavy, and I began to worry. I called my doc's office to let them know what was going on, and they recommended going to urgent care or the ER immediately. Great! So I went to the closest urgent care to my work, where they cleared me of everything except a possible blood clot, which normally they would xray for, so they sent me on to the local ER for more tests. Double great! After several hours of poking and testing, it was determined that I had costochondritis, and inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs and the sternum, likely because of my new side-sleeping position. Hot compresses, tylenol, and patience, they said. Still very painful, but so much easier to deal with knowing that I'm not dying!

I feel like this has been a very negative post, and for that I apologize. I really don't feel like I have a bad attitude, the past four weeks have just brought on some "different" experiences for me. I'm still very excited about the baby and the pregnancy, and in the scheme of things, I think I've had it pretty easy. We're in the process of cleaning out the office, which will become the nursery. Progress!! And our big ultrasound is scheduled for the 27th! Just about two more weeks now until I can start really planning things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment