Friday, January 13, 2012

Sneak Peek

My last appointment was a week ago, I was about 12.5 weeks along. They sent me for an ultrasound that day because of persistent bleeding issues, which was obviously not the best circumstance. Normally I wouldn't have had another ultrasound until the "big" one at around 20 weeks. Fortunately/unfortunately we got a little sneak peek at out little Peanut. Check it out!

Sucking that little thumb!
What a profile!

Chris wasn't able to be at the ultrasound because of work, but they set me home with a CD with six still shots from the test. It was so cool to watch as she did the US. I had to drink some juice before the test to help the baby be more active (AKA sugar rush). Boy, do we have a wiggler! He/She was waving and flipping and rolling all over the place in there. I had an ultrasound at about 8 weeks, but it was just a grey smudge in a black smudge then. This time it really looks like a baby! I really can't even describe the feeling of seeing my child basically for the first time. To know that everything is okay, to see this little life that is inside me wave at me...tears. There were tears. It makes me want to do everything just right during this pregnancy. It makes me want to be a better mom already.

What do you think? Any gender guesses? Who does the baby look more like? :)




1 comment: